Monday, April 16, 2012

Waiting for the Phone to Ring

Living in terror of a phone call. :sigh:

.

No word yet from Dr. Kehoe on the lab results. Getting ready to head into the office to see the girls and talk to Management about “the plan.”

.

I almost hope she calls while I’m there… so that management can see just how terrifying this all is. Is it bad that I feel like I need their sympathy in order to get what I need from them professionally about all of this?

.

I’ve poured my blood, sweat, and tears into that job, into my accounts, into that company. And in the last 2 years I’ve turned around more than 1 account for them. But I still feel like I constantly have to prove myself. And even though I put part of the delay of all of this as their fault… I still worry that being out for as long as I may be this close to our summer season (and into it even)… I worry what that means for my actual job.

.

I’m almost glad about some of this. Because I think I needed a break from work. I needed a chance to step away and prioritize something ELSE in my life besides my job. I need to put things back in perspective. I’m just worried about jeopardizing my insurance you know? I can’t afford that right now. I just hope this meeting goes well and smoothly. I hope that I’m right and they do care more about ME and my health than about the work I do at that desk.

.

I guess we’ll find out.

.

And in the meantime… I wait for the phone to ring. To find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment