Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Really Happening

Tomorrow at 10am I have my preop appointment at the hospital for my surgery on Monday.

I’m getting ready to make a list of questions to take with me cause I keep forgetting to ask when I’m on the phone with the nurse or my Dr.

.

Tomorrow will be a chest xray, ekg and possibly bloodwork. As long as that clears (don’t see why it won’t) I’m on plan for my complete hysterectomy (and possible lymph node removal) Monday at 7am. :eep:

.

Questions I need to ask:

1. How long will I be in the hospital after surgery?

2. How long am I … bed-bound after going home?

3. How long before I can go back to work?

4. Food restrictions while I’m down?

5. What happens after? If it hasn’t spread and the surgery fixes it… do I have to start on hormones or hrt or what?

6. What if it’s in my lymph nodes? What’s next?

7. Can I take my 4am pain pill the day of surgery?

8. If it’s all robotic, will there be sutures or anything or a dressing that needs to be taken care of?

9. What do I need to watch for as far as things I should be calling about?

10. Will it hurt when it’s over?

.

Some of those probably seem stupid. :shrug:

Anyone think of anything else I should be asking pre-surgery? God this is all so fucking new to me. The only problem with being really healthy for 30 years.. is that when something does finally really go wrong… I have no IDEA what I need to be asking/doing.

.

I can’t wait to have my life back. Please please please please let those lymph results come back clear. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment