Saturday, April 28, 2012

Prep

Tomorrow is liquids only:

1. Broth

2. Ice Pops (popsicles)

3. Water

4. Tea (except I don’t drink tea)

5. Coffee with no milk/sugar (except again… I don’t drink coffee).

.

It’s actually not as upsetting as I would have expected. I can barely eat anything anyway so moving down to liquids only for 24 hours really shouldn’t be that bad.

.

Then Monday … have to be at UT at 6am for my 8am surgery.

.

I am trying to stay calm and positive. I’ve not been 100% successful, but I’m trying.

Tomorrow I also have to finish packing my laptop bag (do I look like a dork if I’m 30 years old and bring a small quilt and a stuffed penguin with me to the hospital in my suitcase??)

.

Then tomorrow night I have to shower with this “Hibiclens” packet to help prevent skin infections, and again before we leave for the hospital on Monday morning too. (god that’s early)

.

Then… by this time Monday- it should all be well over and done with. Then it’s just… waiting for the labwork on the lymph nodes to see if the Cancer has spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment