Monday, September 10, 2012

Side Effect Check

Leaning more and more towards pain being a side effect of the chemo. Last night’s discomfort continued today in varying degrees but the pain is so …. universal and so total I can’t think of anything I’ve done that could possibly be causing it physically or directly.

.

Mostly joints and bones… but even… pain in my cheekbones, my jaw. Knees are arguably the worst right now— stuck in vices almost.

.

I’ve been taking pain pills throughout the day bu trying not to overdue it.

.

Better when my body is warm, so I’ve been hiding out under quilts despite the 90+ temperatures outside the house.

.

When I finally fell asleep last night it was after a lot of tears and discomfort. She said the 4th and 5th days after would be the worst and today is day 4… if I’m not better or in less pain by Wednesday, I’ll have to call. I can’t live like this for much longer, it’s just… it hurts too much.

.

I wasn’t really expecting it, I don’t remember joint/bone/muscle pain being discussed as a possible issue with this round. And I’m not planning to stay upright long enough right now to go research it.

.

Just want to stop hurting and get some more sleep.

.

Aside from that, the only real side-effect I’ve noticed is change in taste. But that happened last time too (although it seems a bit more obvious this go around).

.

Don’t really care about that though. Just want to not be in pain. Not handling the pain very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment