Sunday, September 23, 2012

Love from the Web

My Heart is just…. bursting.

.

It is so bizarre to see my face on blogs that I have stalked/admired/been in awe of from a distance for so long.

.

RedefiningBodImage, UnapologeticFatty, FuckYeahHardFemme, SHYB (although in fairness I have posted there before)… I just… gesus.

.

And the messages. You guys.

.

I just made a post. After 2 days of posting my psychotic, kewpie-hair… I took some control, shaved my head and blogged about it, like I have about things in the past. And the response is… overwhelming.

.

People keep saying my story makes them cry- YOU all make ME cry. I’m completely undone tonight. I’m not anything special. I mean I am, but not because of Cancer, or because I shaved my head, or because I’m on Chemo. I’m strong. But I got strong long before I got Cancer.

.

To see people’s responses, and messages, and the frakking notes… omg. I spent a lot of years feeling alone and unseen, and for a lot of years… unseen was just the way I wanted to be.

.

But tonight I feel surrounded by ALL of you. And I am so so grateful for this unbelievable response.

.

So do me a favor… While you’re reading, and thinking, and posting, and talking about how strong I am, and how beautiful I am- remember:

SO ARE YOU.

.

If you sit at home alone, and invisible, and feeling unworthy- remember that I have been there. That I started there too. And sometimes- I visit that space again and remember what it was like. But if I can move out of that place, if I can let myself be seen, if I can seemyselfand be happy, and feel beautiful- then so can you.

.

That power is IN you, just like it was in me. You just have to see it. It’s not easy. It’s not fast. It took a lot of therapy, a lot of time, and yes, A lot of work to get to that space. But I did. And you can too.

.

I’ve said this before, but my ask box is always open. Submissions too. If you want to be anon, you can click it. If you want to not be anon but don’t want an ask published- just say so. I will answer. I’m here.

.

If you want to put me on a pedestal I’d ask you not to. But if you you need a reminder that you can get through whatever you’re going through and not just survive it but rise above it- then you use me. And remember that I believe in you, even when you don’t believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment