Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Run Me Down

I feel like I'm hungry all the time.

.

And that makes me really nervous.  Because the last time I was hungry all the time... there were tons of tumors in my uterus.  We didn't realize until after the fact that the constant hunger was part of that. 

.

I'm not actually hungry all the time.  Objectively speaking, all that's happening is that my appetite is finally returning to normal after months of alteration, pre-surgery issues, post-surgery recover, side-effects, issues, problems... it's just finally... normalizing again.

.

But I guess my hunger is just another on the list of things Cancer has made me afraid of.  Germs, crowded spaces, pain, nausea. 

.

I suppose someday, that will all pass- or most of it anyway.  I wonder sometimes, if there will come a time when Cancer no longer scares me.  The idea that it can someday come back.  But for now, I'm trying to focus on not letting the small fears run me over.

.

Sometimes I think half of the Cancer fight- is just... not letting the little things run me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment