Sunday, October 21, 2012

Looking Back

I went back to the beginning.  Started really reading all these posts again.  From pain, and discovery, through the process of learning about my Cancer, about how involved it was, how involved it has become.

.

And it's so strange, to see those first couple of months of posts, when I was learning just how bad things were, when I still thought it would be so simple.  When I thought it was just going to be... surgery and we're done.

.

7 months later, here I am.  Into round 2 of Chemo.  After radiation, cisplatin, pain, surgery, infection, diagnosis.

.

But there was a time, a month's span of time when I thought, really, that all it would take is surgery.  And I'd be back, good as new. 

.

I'm still getting off more easily than many, than most really. 

.

But it's strange, to look back and see how little I knew.  To see myself from the outside, dealing with it all. 

.

How far we've all come in 7 months.  How far we'll all have come at the end of this year.

.

The year that Cancer stole.

No comments:

Post a Comment