Sunday, July 1, 2012

Numb

Ok, so ever since my hysterectomy, my ass has been numb.

.

That sounds way weirder than it actually is. But basically when they did the hysto, they did most of it robotically which meant I got strapped down, flipped on my head and invaded by a robot arm.

.

Then as an added bonus, they had to also make an incision in my belly to remove my actual uterus because of the remaining (very large) tumor. After waking up, I did notice at one point that there was a certain numbness over certain areas of my butt, but I didn’t actually ever say anything. I mean… I just figured it would go away.

.

But it never has. And that was April 30th. Well, now a week into Radiation, I am starting to have some feelings. Not like it used to be, but instead… sudden sharp and surprising pains breaking through the numbness. It blows. I mean, it was weird to have my ass be numb. But the pain? Sucks.

.

And I’m sure it’s the radiation, because I’m having the same kind of pains on the front of my body (lower abdominal, mid-abdominal)… basically. :sigh: It’s not enough to warrant medication. Or even mentioning to my Oncologists.. I don’t think at least. :shrug:

.

That was pretty much it. Just. weirdness. And random pain.

.

I’m kind of over it right now. Are we done yet?

.

No. 4 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment