Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wound-Vac

So, since my incision developed an abcess that had me back in the hospital all last week, I now have a wound-vac in my belly. They put it in on Wednesday of last week, changed it before I left the hospital on Friday. And changing it out— hurt like a motherfucker.

.

Home health comes out to us 3x a week now to change it out and reset it. The gal that came on Monday was nice but… a bit chaotic… and although it wasn’t as bad as when they did it on Friday (I nearly crushed one of my oncologists fingers when he offered them to hold and squeeze for the pain)…. it hurt pretty badly.

.

But the gal that came today was SOOOOO much better. I asked if we could request that she be the on that come back from now on and she said yes. It hardly hurt AT ALL and I really felt like she knew what she was doing better than the last one.

.

Had a rough night last night, but tonight I think I’m finally going to try sleeping in the rollaway bed instead of in the recliner. I’ve been too scared to do it because the wound-vac is awkward and I’m scared of the pain of it all… but I think it’s time.

.

Friday I have an appointment with my therapist. Next week I see my oncologists’ NP, and then on the 31st I see the oncologist again to discuss the chemo/radiation process that will start soon after.

.

Rolling right along I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment