Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Still

Still in the hospital. Incision ended up being infected (I’ll spare you the gross details) but suffice to say they removed the staples and are letting it heal “open”. By the way, if you ever have a major incision and they decide to let it heal open? Don’t. fucking. look. at. it.

.

I had a 20 minute panic attack before the nurse tech could get me into the shower yesterday. I shouldn’t have looked down.

.

Then things kind of calmed down for awhile… until my iv came out. I told the nurse earlier in the day after that maybe it needed an extra bit of tape after my shower, and she sort of shrugged it off until I sort of … bugged her about it later on. At that point though I think it was pretty much too late. At about 10:30 I looked down and sure enough it had popped. Of course since it was 10:30pm… that meant that throughout the night people/teams from various other areas in the hospital came traipsing through to try and (unsuccessfully) strike a new one.

.

One women (man? I don’t know I was fucking asleep) finally got one but it hurt like hell. In the morning, the proper anesthetist came through and found a better, not-painful one.

.

Doctor said this morning the wound is looking much better, and I’ve been up and walking today already. Waiting on Lunch now. I’ll shower about 5:30, and that way it’s all clean and sparky for when they come to repack and inspect around 6pm.

.

Not much else to report really.

.

Probably be her at least through tomorrow.

.

After all that… I’ll be looking at Chemo and then possibly also radiation. I confirmed with her today that the chemo will be the hair-losing kind so shaved head coming up.

.

And it sounds like I’m getting the wound vac today. not sure about that… but I guess that’s happening. :shrug:

Eventful couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment