Sunday, May 27, 2012

GoFundMe

I realized last night that in a week or two… I’m going to have a situation on my hands. Financially speaking. My savings is running out. And because I’m on FMLA, even though my insurance is still active (thank God)… I don’t exactly have money coming in right now.

.

I thought about boosting my etsy shop but I’m not in a position right now to be running out to the printer and post for each order, and even once I am… it’ll be Chemo time and I doubt I’ll have the gumption to get up and do that after 5 days of chemo a week for 5 weeks… to say nothing of the radiation.

.

So I looked online at some personal fundraising options and ended up at GoFundMe.com.

.

I set up a page, and although I know most of my followers probably can’t afford to help, and I don’t expect anyone to, I figured why not give the link and see what happens.

.

The truth is… by the time I can go back to work- there’s a very real possibility I won’t have a job there anymore. I still have a $4000 bill from my original diagnostic surgery, to say nothing of car payments, insurance, phone, etc that still have to be paid in the meantime.

.

I’ve got one more month’s of bills payable with the money I have now, and then I’m screwed.

.

So… if you CAN help… I can’t tell you how much I’d appreciate it. And if you can’t— signal boost? The truth is if I end up getting nothing, I will be neither surprised nor disappointed. But I figure it can’t hurt to put the option out to the world and see what happens.

.

I have such an amazing support team emotionally to help deal with Chemo and Cancer and all of that… but I don’t want to have to ask them to pay my bills too. I’m 30 years old and I’m not ready to start drowning yet.

.

If you have a buck to spare… or even if all you do is spread the word— I can’t tell you how much that could mean to me. I don’t want to have to spend the rest of my life trying to make up for having Cancer at age 30.

.

The link to my fundraising page is: http://www.gofundme.com/ozgh4

.

They take paypal, wepay, and cc payments (I believe). They don’t charge you anything to donate. I put my initial goal as $5,000… that pays off the prior medical bill, and takes care of about another month and a half of bills too… but any money I raise will be used in that way. For necessities, for medical bills, for other bills while I’m out of work.

.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Even if you don’t donate (like I said, I know most of my followers probably can’t afford to and that is totally ok and I love you all just as much anyway).

.

No comments:

Post a Comment