Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Suggestions

Took the Nurse’s suggestions yesterday about my meds. Worked like a charm:

.

Slept like a rock last night. THANK GOD. Plus so far today: no nausea at all.

.

Mom picked up some ensure so that while I’m working on getting my regular eating routine back I’m still getting all the nutrients that I need. Kind of a bizarre feeling to be 30 sucking on an ensure, but whatever.

.

Talked to the Nurse today and asked (finally) about the size of the tumor (she’s going to find it and let me know), and the stage of my cancer. I’m a Stage 3c Grade 2 Uterine Cancer. Did some research and once I get past the “holy shit stage 3” moment, I realize it’s pretty much what she’s told me already. And sure enough, recommended treatment is chemo + radiation.

.

I meet with the radiation physician tomorrow, so I can ask questions etc. And Dr. Kehoe’s office was nice enough to switch my Thurs appointment to tomorrow afternoon so I can just go there after I’m done with the Radiation guy. Memaw’s going with me so she can translate and ask the questions I might not think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment