Friday, August 3, 2012

Lucy

Lucy (my dog) was put Down about 745 this evening. In the course of the afternoon, in what we call... a chemo fog, I put her outside and then forgot she was there. 

The consensus was that even if she made it to the e-vet (which was frankly a major if), her condition was bad enough that we likely still would have been looking at euthanasia. We talked about it and it seemed crueler to try and take her over there with the high risk that she’d suffocate on the way over than to do the merciful thing here and now. They believe that she’d also aspirated at some point as well which added to the problem.
.
Lucy was 11, almost 12 years old and was very very loved. Kris and I were both with her to the end. She will be very missed and its going to take some time for me to be able to look at all of this and not just feel….. Guilty.
.
Love you Lucy-loo and I’m so sorry I wasn’t a better doggie mama to you, you deserved a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment