Sunday, August 12, 2012

SURPRISE!







I don’t think you understand the true marvel that was today.

.

I had a really crappy night, hardly slept, issues with a neighbor, wicked bad dreams. Hauled myself up to go to brunch with the Fairy Godmother and Honorary Fairy Godmother. As requested, I packed up my containers of finished jewelry pieces for HFG to go through when we finished eating.

.

We arrived at the restaurant, and I discovered: a SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY for me!!!

.

I have a group of “goils” here in North Texas that I bum around with… I’ve known them since about 2004 online, and ever since I moved back here, I’ve spent varying amounts of time with them all and they’re a huge part of my support system. Earlier in the summer I’d mentioned wanting to do something really big for my birthday, but not having the energy or gumption to plan it. One of them volunteered to take on that task.

.

And today, I discovered the final product. We met at Uncle Julios (my favorite tex-mex restaurant) and I was surprised to see my goils in attendance, balloons on chairs, smiling faces, gifts. It was WONDERFUL!

.

And when food and jewelry shopping (I made a ton on jewelry sales today!!) were over— they brought out my very own TARDIS CAKE! :dies:

.

It was awesome.

.

I was exhausted, and if I’d had to choose, today was not the day I’d have chosen for a party… but oh my heavens it was so lovely and so special and I feel so loved.

.

It’s funny. When you get sick, you have certain expectations for people. Some fall away, hide. Either because they can’t deal with the pain of your illness, or because they weren’t as close as you thought they were to begin with. And then… some people just… rise to the occasion. They reach out and check in and constantly remind you that they’re there, that they’re loving you and caring about you and supporting you and praying and thinking about you.

.

These girls are like that. Constantly a hand outstretched somewhere if I need it.

.

Or, if all else fails— a really amazing Tardis Cake.

.

This was the best day I’ve had all year. Easily. And when it finally hits me (after a nap and maybe a quick trip to Michael’s) I will probably bawl my eyes out. But happy tears. Because I still have people who will go to great lengths to tell me they love me. Individually, and as members of this sacred-to-me group of women. And I couldn’t possibly ask for anything more than that.

.

So happy belated birthday to me. It was so worth waiting a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment